- Machine Washable – Machine wash COLD; Remove insole and AIR dry (NO dryer use).
- Ultra lightweight - Provides exceptional comfort and functionality for kids.
- Antibacterial Insole – Infused with natural Green Tea extract (no chemicals) to kill odor causing germs.
- Pedorthist Friendly - With its removable insole, long counters, and child-specific patterns, Tsukihoshi has become a favorite for Pedorthists looking to make modifications to accommodate customized orthotics and/or AFO's.
- Barefoot Comfort – Wide toe boxes allow natural splaying of toes for balanced landing and maximum comfort.
- Heel Stabilizer – Long heel counter provides optimum stability.
- Easy On & Off – Single strap 'hook and loop' closure and elastic faux-laces for superb fitting.
- Arch Support – Shoe last and insole designed to provide proper arch support for growing kids.
- Latex Free.
- Synthetic/Textile upper.
- Breathable textile lining and cushioned foot-bed for active comfort.
- EVA/TPR outsole – Ultra-lightweight, provides excellent flexibility, abrasive-resistance, shock absorption, stability and slip-resistance for safety and comfort.
- Non-marking outsole.
Great for kids with low muscle tone
My 4 year old son is autistic and has been wearing Tsukihoshi shoes since he started wearing shoes. The loop in the back, the wide opening, and the easy-to-pull velcro set this brand apart--it was easier for me to get his wide feet in when I was putting shoes on, and these shoes helped him gain independence as he learned to put these on himself. He can't get the New Balance on entirely by himself because the velcro strap is very stiff, but the ones on this shoe are flexible and easier to pull. That loop in the back is a game-changer. Always awesome to be machine washable, and he wears these daily and they are in decent enough shape to be his twin sister's back up pair when she grows into them. Highly recommend.